Mental Health includes your psychological, emotional, and social well-being. It affects how we think, what we do, feel and act on a daily basis. It also determines how we act ,handle stress and determine things , relate to others and make decisions . Mental health is important in every stage of life from childhood to adolescence to adulthood . It shapes and determines who we are.
Over the course of your life, it changes depending on your situation, and sometimes it naturally occurs. It might affect your mood, behavior, etc. Many factors contribute to mental health problems. Here are some of them
- Biological factors such as genes or Brain Chemistry
- Life experiences that includes abuse , trauma etc
- Family history of mental health problems
Most of the times people are treated for the mental health problems and they are completely recovered .
If you are not sure about when your mental health is affected here are some of the symptoms that you might be in one .
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Socially distancing yourself from people
- Always with low or no energy
- Unexplained aches , pains , frustrations etc
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Feeling unusually confused , stressed , on edge , upset, angry , worries or scared
- Yelling with family and friends for no reason
- Experiencing severe mood swings which makes you unstable
- Persistent thoughts and memories that you can never get out of your mind
- Thinking of harming yourself and others
- Inability to perform daily tasks
Most of us might have some of these problems that doesn’t necessarily mean we have mental health problems , but it doesn’t deny we don’t have one . It is always better check when some of these symptoms occurs .
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.”Glenn Close
It is very important that we be honest about these mental health problems and take the necessary steps to slowly come out of it . Denying these problems might affect you and your life further that you might not be able to come out of it . Acceptance is the primary step for cure .
Get 25% OFF plus Free Shipping on your first order!
“If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.”Russell Wilson